Monday, February 25, 2013

A Necessary Painting Project

I arrived at this place at quarter to seven;
the long drive in was anything but heaven.

You see, I begin an ambitious project today,
One that I put off--things just got in the way!

Or likely it was me who put the distractions there
To stall for time, sort my thinking, to clear the air.

It seems the size and scope filled me with fear,
And a sense of doom grew as the time drew near

These vibrant colors will allow a new view on all
The past forgotten, freshness needed on this wall.

"Cover it! Make it go away!" This has been my plan,
"Do it quickly!" And then move on as quick as I can.

Avoiding this has not made the situation any good;
It was "Out of sight, out of mind!" as long as I could.

But delays only made an increase of a type of mold,
As the problems grew larger, as well as it grew old.

Like yeast that causes growth that is hardly seen,
It spews out bitterness, anger, its just plain mean.

I take a deep breath, start with a hug and prayer,
And truly own my own fault, and listen with care.

For the record, it is my pride that I must choose
to abandon--and my own selfish desires to lose,

Surely by leaving this world's wisdom far behind
I can now see that a hopeful future can be mine.

No longer cowardly, hiding or covering it up too.
God's Word and His Spirit leads us to make it new.

Engaging those people that I love brings the wins
Reconciling. Finding love covers a multitude of sins

By now boldly taking tools, the roller, the brush;
Tediously, courageously doing what I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment