Monday, February 25, 2013

There's A Hope Within Me

What is there to live for?

There's so much in life to live for.
Life is filled with joy each day.
There are people and places more
Richer, greater than I can say.

I'm in love with my wife, twenty two years,
I cherish my four sons, gifts each one
I have friends and family, far and near.
Chica, my dog; and where we call home.

Many are passions which occupy me.
I enjoy carpentry as my work each day.
Or up a winding path of rocks and trees.
Exploring, walking, biking along the way

But I ask you questions deep and great:
What happens when things go wrong?
When all I value is stripped from me away?
My health falters? or my life ebbs till gone?

What remains?

In Christ I have eternal life received,
Gifted mercy, forgiveness for my sin;
from the bondage of guilt I'm freed!
A fountain of life springing from within.

In the end, to Glorify Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment