Thursday, February 28, 2013

Father?

As I have received the call to father my four growing boys;
I have listened to tales by my precious wife of many years
With shaking soul she's often told me through her hurting tears
As an innocent child, wretched men treated her as their toys.

Some men she did not know, but they were not the first
They came along as she tried to find meaning in this life
In the beginning her trust betrayed, found shattered strife
Those called to protect her; treasonously were the worst.

As a man, I know about the sexual passion and the drive;
But I cannot fathom or accept the raping of a precious girl
Blindly selfish, tipping and turning upside down her world.
like disjointed verses of poems I observed in my lady's life.

Cinema often tries to tell the story, but may just fuel the fire
showing to our eyes the core level pain through bitter eyes
the sensuality and rawness, may entice the lust in selfish minds
boring deeper the desperate trouble in which our world is mired.

A father's calling is greater than an ocean, redwood or eternity
A calling, an appointing, a charge that cannot be lightly used
Will this man hold and love and care? Or will he hurt and abuse?
Who called you, O man, to love your girls and women you see?

God is our Father; revealed In His Word: loving, tender and kind.
Meant among His innumerable qualities to model for us a man;
And show us how to love, to protect, to value the best that we can.
Who among you men will embrace the call; courage and honor find?

No comments:

Post a Comment