Monday, February 4, 2013

Found Under The Sun




 
Found Under the Sun

Darkness.
Sounds of fear.
Weight of wonder.
I open my eyes. I search for something known.
My God what happened?

People.
Faces with fear.
Confusion and resolve.
My eyes lock on my son. Someone I know!
Whispering prayer to God.

Chaos.
Order erased.
Heaviness; feeling loss.
We try to find meaning in this puzzle.
Father, we are leaning upon You.

Hope.
Ray of warmth.
We struggle to gain the sight.
Sun pierces through our eyes!
You never left, forsook us.
 



**Written for an allpoetry.com Contest, "End Of The World" with the following direction: 

What would you do if you woke up one day in a bomb shelter and the world ended? You woke up not knowing where you are or how you got there. You leave and see everything is gone.

You job is to detail what you see, how you feel ect. I want your vision and version of how you think the end of everything is.

I want feeling and details. Do you have a love? family? Do you see any others? Do you find the cause? Start again? End yourself? What do you do? 

80 words, no more, no less

No comments:

Post a Comment