Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mama


Mama

By Mineke Audet  - November 9, 2007

 
She sat by her mother’s bed holding her hand.
“Mama, This could be the day
When Your pain and worry go away.
His arms are wide open, He’s waiting, Mama,”
She said as she softly cried.

“I know, Mama, life has not always been great,
We went through rough times, Mama.
But my love has never died.”
She said, as she softly cried,
“I forgive you, Mama.”

“Let go, Mama, It’s okay . . . I will be fine.
Jesus is waiting for you  now.”
She laid her head to sleep as she softly cried.
A few hours later, she woke.  Her Mama had died.

“Jesus,” she said, “Thank You for taking
My Mama from the worry and the pain.”
Its been a year since Mama died.
“I love you, Mama. Happy Mother’s Day,”
she said as she softly cried.
 
 
__________
 
 
Mineke's mother, Alma Gordon died in 1998.  She stayed with her mom in the respite home in Williston, Vermont for a couple weeks before she died.  I have also respected Mineke's committment to her mother, even though there was much turmoil during her growing up years.

No comments:

Post a Comment