Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Riddle Within The Wrapping!


The Riddle Within The Wrapping!


December 12, 2012

 

I'm made round and long, built for fun
with metal blades and with none,

I am walked to the top of the hill
Ridden to the bottom is the days drill,

I am locked during summer in the shed
Freed in winter on the snowy knoll led.

I ride on top the snow, mud and ice,
Pressed and packed down real nice.

I carry child, man, beauty or beast,
I bear the rich, poor, great or least.

I come in colors blue, yellow and red
I slide, I race, I play, I am a sled!

 

 

__________

 

 

This poem was meant as a fun riddle for the Operations Team Christmas Party at Harvest Bible Chapel in Elgin, IL where I work.  I gave a plastic saucer sled as my white elephant gift.  I tried to conceal as much as possible what it was, and put this riddle on the gift tag.

 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment