Sunday, January 20, 2013

Solitare

Solitare

April 24, 2007

 
Have you played the one person card game?
Which time after time seems so much the same?
Have you placed the cards each on the other,
Ascending, the higher provides the lower one cover.
Do you want to play with me? 
I guess there's no place for you.

Have you taken a walk across a beautiful land,
Your head in the air and your feet in the sand?
Have you looked back at the house about a mile away,
Wanting to converse, but with no one to say.
Do you want to walk with me?
I guess I should have waited for you.

Have you driven the road that leads a long way,
With the grass on the sides and the sky all grey?
The seat next to yours is full of no one,
And hours have passed since you've seen the sun.
Do you want to ride with me?
I guess I'll turn on the radio.

Sometimes loneliness comes and sits right here,
Surrounding, even suffocating me here.
Why does it come to crowd all around me,
Where the people that matter I cannot see?
Do you want to join me here?
I guess loneliness hurts.


__________


 

No comments:

Post a Comment