Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Supremacy Of Christ:: For My Eyes


The Supremacy Of Christ:

For My Eyes

April 27, 2008

 
My eyes find much to look at in this world.
I'm drawn to the creation in all its forms.
The God-crafted art of a woman’s form,
The palette of colors the flowers adorn,
Yet I want more.
 
I want to know Christ.
 
I could spend hours adoring the mountains high,
With the trees and the fields all under the sky,
The handiwork of God in planets and stars,
The brilliance of the Sun, the contours of Mars

Yet I want more.

I want to know Christ.

 To behold with my eyes the One who created it all,
Who imagined the idea of winter, spring, summer, fall.
The gateway to my mind could be filled to the brim,
With revelations, images, glories of Him

Yes, I want more.

I want to know Christ.
Father, I repent of my most foolish exchange
Where I sought to worship the created thing,
For idols, I’ve abandoned worship to whom it is due,
Our creator, our Savior—my Master, my Lord , You.


I want more of You.  
 
 
__________
 
 
This poem originally was to be part one of several with the following titles:
 
The Supremacy Of Christ: For My Hands
The Supremacy Of Christ: For My Ears
The Supremacy Of Christ: For My Tastes
 The Supremacy Of Christ: For My Heart
 
The idea was to commit each of my senses to Him.  Perhaps I will return to this and finish the poetry project.  Romans 1 was a launching point of mediation for this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment